COAT DEFENSE® Canine & Cat daily Preventative Powder is effective for itch, odor, and yeast because it alters the terrain on the skin. It creates a dry, safe environment that makes it uninhabitable for pests (pathogenic microbes, fleas, mites) to take up residence on your pet. It is not a medication. Many pets find relief within 1-3 days. For those on antibiotics and/or steroids, or have otherwise been immune compromised, results and healing may take 1-2 weeks.
NOTICE: For best results, discontinue use of shampoos containing SODIUM LAUREL SULFATE, CHLORAHEXIDINE, COAL TAR, and SALYCILIC ACID. If using medicated shampoos with these ingredients, we recommend waiting 3 days to apply our powder. These chemicals are known skin allergens and remove the protective oils and microbiome that are essential for skin wellness and required by the immune system to provide true healing.
- As a Dry Bath and natural deodorant for Stinky Dogs and Cats.
- As a soothing skin aid for pets suffering from itchy/angry skin.
- As a natural remedy for yeast infections.
- As a drying and deodorizing human body and foot powder.
- Using your hand or a gentle grooming brush, work powder down to the skin.
- Reapply daily to dissipate odor or prevent skin issues caused by pests that find your dog a perfect petri dish to inhabit.
- If using as a remedy, leave on continuously, applying more as needed until completely healed.
- Apply more often to areas prone to holding moisture like between paws, under legs, around genitals, and ears.
- NOTE: If skin is broken or has scabs, use the COAT DEFENSE® Canine & Cat TROUBLE SPOT DRYING PASTE.
Tips for the Tricky Parts:
- Paws – Sprinkle powder into a sock and place the sock over the paw. Massage powder into all areas, especially between toes as these microbes love dark moist areas.
- Ears– To expose the infected area and prevent powder from entering the ear canal, flip the ear back, and apply using a finger making sure to cover the whole surface. Leave on. Reapply as needed until itching and odor are completely gone.
Our products are non-toxic, crafted from only safe, readable ingredients, and contain no fillers. COAT DEFENSE® is proudly handmade in Ashburn, VA.
Proprietary blend of sodium bicarbonate, maranta arundina-cea (arrowroot) powder, bentonite clay, zea mays (corn starch), organic cedarwood oil.