COAT DEFENSE® Canine & Cat TROUBLE SPOT DRYING PASTE is a spot treatment for broken skin. It creates a dry protective scab-like barrier that continuously draws, dries, stops itch, and calms skin from traumas like wounds, oozing bug bites, and weeping hot spots allowing for the immune system to quickly repair.
It is non-toxic if licked and can be reapplied as needed. Please use a cone until dry if necessary.
Many pets find relief within 1-3 days. For those on anti-biotics and/or steroids, or have otherwise been immune compromised, results and healing may take 1-2 weeks.
NOTICE: For best results, discontinue use of shampoos containing SODIUM LAUREL SULFATE, CHLORAHEXIDINE, COAL TAR, and SALYCILIC ACID. If using medicated shampoos with these ingredients, we recommend waiting 3 days to apply our paste. These chemicals are known skin allergens and remove the protective oils and microbiome that are essential for skin wellness and required by the immune system to provide true healing.
- Broken Skin
- Weeping hot spots
- Oozing itchy bug bites
- Humans love it too for bites, stings, poison ivy, acne, splinters, etc.!
- Gently clean any dirt or debris from treatment area. Flaky skin or scabs are ok. DO NOT pick off any existing scabs.
- With one hand, gently push back fur so that the area is exposed. With the other hand, use fingers to apply a coating of the paste to the hotspot as if spreading peanut butter on a piece of bread. Do not rub in.
- Note: Try to avoid applying paste to fur. The paste is not harmful, though it will dry like a scab and require bathing or brushing to remove.
- Paste will dry to a near white shell. It is also effective if thinned out with water or witch hazel. Some breeds have coats that need a thinner viscosity to stick to skin.
- Avoid applying the paste into paws, on joints or in skin folds. The scab that forms is abrasive.
- Allow at least 2 days for skin cells to knit together under its protection. Use a wet cloth or water to remove.
- Reapply as needed until skin is completely healed.
- Use COAT DEFENSE® Canine & Cat daily Preventative Powder to prevent future flare-ups. It’s a game changer for prevention!
Our products are non-toxic, crafted from only safe, readable ingredients, and contain no fillers. COAT DEFENSE® is proudly handmade in Ashburn, VA.
Proprietary blend of sodium bicarbonate, maranta arundinacea (arrowroot) powder, bentonite clay, zea mays (corn starch), witch hazel, argan oil, hempseed oil, organic cedrus atlantica oil (cedarwood oil).